VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Cup of Tea poem on the day before Thanksgiving

Dedicated to all those working hard on preparations
for tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day meal!


A Cup of Tea

When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea
Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea.

There is magic in its fragrance,
There is solace in its taste;
And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.

And the world becomes a lovely thing!
There's beauty as you'll see;
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.

Tea helps our head and heart.
Ted medicates most every part.
Tea rejuvenates the very old.
Tea warms the hands of those who're cold.

(J. Jonker, Amsterdam, c.1670)

5 comments:

Tea Time With Melody said...

What a great poem after tomorrow I am going to need a few cups of tea. lol

Melissa said...

For me, tea and peace are synonymous so I appreciate the poem Denise. Lovely!

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for the poem. Happy Thanksgiving!

Steph said...

Thank you! I am taking this to heart! I'll be making my grandma's rolls this afternoon.

Marilyn said...

Nice poem! Now off to make pumpkin pies and have a cup of tea. Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...