Karen and I became friends in an online tea group we are both members of.
I love the authentic voice Karen puts to her blog. It's just like sitting at a table, having a cup of tea with her.
Karen loves teacups, so if you are a collector, you will find a lot of beautiful pictures and information on her blog. I encourage you to visit her blog, and hope you'll leave a note.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
1. Your name: Karen
2. Where do you call home: Temecula, California
3. Name of your blog: Devonshire Lace at Karen's Place
4. Blog address: http://devonshirelace.blogspot.com/
5. How would you describe your blog? I started my blog to share my love of tea with my granddaughter. Now, happily, I have two granddaughters. I try to share the beauty of everyday things around us, and the joy of sharing tea with friends and family.
6. What was the spark that got you started in blogging? My dream was always to open a friendly, cottage tearoom; it was my plan for retirement after working for 20 years in Special Education. I found the treasure hunting fun, relaxing, and rewarding. Since I had been collecting tea related items for decades - vintage linens, silver plate, and of course, lovely English china - I used my blog in the beginning to share about my treasures, and to talk about tea. Then, I was diagnosed with Lupus and RA. My tea room dream kept me going on the tough days, but I eventually knew that because of my health, I would no longer be able to open one. (I listed many of my collected treasures on eBay to sell and they have been very well received by my buyers.) So now, I am turning my blog into a book for the girls.
7. What do you do when you're not working on your blog? Spending time with my hubby and my family. I like to sew, scrapbook, and read.
8. Name one or two of your favorite non tea-related websites: Enjoying the Small Things and Miss Gracie's House