VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tea Drinkers' Hall of Shame: The Teabag



1. Despite the cute Twinings advert in the video above, jiggling a teabag up and down into water does not hasten the steeping process. #teadrinkershallofshame (Best practice: Let the teabag steep in the cup.)



2. Removing the teabag from your cup and placing it on the saucer looks messy and there will be a puddle of tea in your saucer which will produce a dripping teacup when you lift it. #teadrinkershallofshame (Best practice: Remove teabag to a separate saucer/vessel, or use a tea tidy.)



3. Draining a tea bag by winding the string around a spoon is a major tea etiquette faux pas. #teadrinkershallofshame  (Best practice: See above.)


12 comments:

Linda at Friendship Tea said...

Great post!!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thanks Linda. But guess what? I've been guilty of #3. {red-faced} LOL

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Denise,
Wonderful post! I would much rather set the teabag on one of those cute little tea tidies. I have five of them which come in handy when I have company. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marilyn said...

It is funny, but eventhough I know it doesn't hurry things up or make the tea any better if I use a teabag (which is rare) I still want to keep dunking it. What makes us want to do that?

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Hi Sandi and thanks for stopping by. I'm a fan of the tea tidy as well. They are versatile and can be used for other things, too. Right now I am using one to hold paper clips in a desk drawer. :-)

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Marilyn, that's actually a *very* good question. There must be some deeply-rooted human psychology behind it. A good assignment for a tea sleuth!

Angela McRae said...

Cute commercial, and I LOVE the Coronation cup and saucer!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thanks, Angela. I could not for the life of me find any good (read: free) images so I decided to pull my teacup off the shelf and just do it myself!

Christy Kay said...

I have been winding the string around the spoon ever since I can remember (over 40 yrs). What's the faux pas with that? It's better than a drippy bag. Does this mean I have to turn in my 1/4 British blood? Nooooo!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Christy, there's no shame in winding the string around the spoon in your home ... I think etiquette experts (such as Dorothea Johnson) are more concerned about things like this when present at, for example, a formal occasion. :-)

Kitty Blake said...

Well said Denise!!
NO to tea puddles!
YES to tea tidy!!

Tea in England said...

We're members of the TDUAP - Tea Drinkers United Against Puddles!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...