VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, August 6, 2012

Tea and Poetry



Penelope by Dorothy Parker

In the pathway of the sun,
In the footsteps of the breeze,
Where the world and sky are one,
He shall ride the silver seas,
He shall cut the glittering wave.
I shall sit at home, and rock;
Rise, to heed a neighbor's knock;
Brew my tea, and snip my thread;
Bleach the linen for my bed.
They will call him brave.

I've always been a fan of Dorothy Parker's poetry. Yes, I know, she's a bit rough around the edges sometimes - but that's what I like about her writing. It's real stuff. 

I think this image works well with the poem.
 
(Image source)

8 comments:

Ingrid said...

It is a beautiful poem, I am enjoying your blog very much Denise.

Marilyn said...

Yes, the photo does work well with the poem. Nice!

Crowbard said...

How much Dorothy Parker says wordlessly about the courage of women... We who have on occasion been brave, salute you Ladies who have always been braver.

PS
The picture and poem add so much to each other..
Kindly blessings,
Carl.

Di said...

This image looks as if it were MADE for the poem :) - thanks for the combination!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Hello 'Crowbard' and welcome to Uniquely Tea. Thank you for your nice words and for taking the time to comment!

Angela McRae said...

I like Dorothy Parker too, and her "roughness" (and, to be honest, wisecracking) is what I like best!

Debs Dust Bunny said...

This made me smile and think of my Mom.... she oft' quoted La Parker. Usually it was the 'girls who wear glasses' quote. ; )

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thanks again everyone for your comments.

Debs: LOL.

I only have one La Parker poem memorised. "Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song, A medley of extemporanea....."

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...