VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Friday, August 3, 2012

Seven



On August 3, 2005, I had a partial mastectomy.
Today, August 3, 2012, I celebrate seven years of being cancer free.
I am grateful. 

Procedure

This tea, this cup of tea, made of leaves,
made of the leaves of herbs and absolute

almond blossom, this tea, is the interpreter
of almond, liquid touchstone which lets us
scent its true taste at last and with a bump,

in my case, takes me back to the yellow time
of trouble with blood tests, and cellular
madness, and my presence required

on the slab for the surgery, and all that mess
I don't want to comb through here because
it seems, honestly, a trifle now that steam

and scent and strength and steep and infusion
say thank you thank you thank you for the then, and now.

-Jo Shapcott

(Poem from the book Ten Poems about Tea)

16 comments:

amherstrose said...

I raise a cup to you Denise and your continued health and well being.

I am grateful for your continued friendship and your sharing here.

Sending you a hug on this very special day. Seven - a very lucky number for you today!

Love from your Friend,
Mary Jane

Ingrid said...

I am thinking of you today especially.... and wish you health for many many more years to come. With much love and blessings, Ingrid

Karen's Place said...

A day to celebrate! Cheers and continued good health.

Marilyn said...

Perfect thoughts to celebrate the milestone.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thank you, friends. xxx

martha e said...

Sending a cyber white rose in celebration!
I'm so happy for you.

kitty said...

Well done Denise!
I raise my morning cuppa to you!
Warmest wishes:-)

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

<3 What a lovely vision Martha - the white rose, from you. Thank you. xxx

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Cheers, Kitty. It's always a momentous occasion for me. :-)

lemonverbenalady said...

Congratulations, Denise! I could have not been here either (not from illness an accident) and I'm about to turn 60! It is a great day for you! Keep being inspired! xxoo Nancy

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thanks Nancy - and I'm glad you made it. :-) xxx

Debs Dust Bunny said...

My mum-in-law and best friend are both breast cancer survivors. I am so blessed to have them both. I raise my steaming cup of tea to drink to your continued good health.

Debs x

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

More survivors! Yay! Tipping my cup in return, Deb, to your mother-in-love and bestie. xxx

relevanttealeaf said...

Seven is often thought of as the "perfect" number! So glad you've reached the perfect milestone of being a cancer survivor! I just received my letter stating my mammography was normal, and I'm counting my blessings! Hugs, Phyllis

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thank you Phyllis, and congratulations on the all-clear. I know the feeling! :-) xxx

Angela McRae said...

Thanks for sharing this, Denise. Really fits as I am currently helping out a dear friend with trips for her chemotherapy as she begins her own cancer treatment. Your story is encouraging to me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...