VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Friday, July 6, 2012

My Favorite Tea Snack


On Facebook the other day, Tea Magazine asked the question, "What's your favorite tea time snack?" (I don't think they were talking about full-fledged tea food, like scones, but a snack.)

It started me thinking (always a dangerous thing) ... what is my favorite tea time snack? If someone handed me a cup of tea and I could have any snack-ey thing to go along with it, what would it be?

Hmmm......

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Er...."

"Ummm...."

For me, it would be a toasted teacake. But not just any toasted teacake. It would have to be a good quality one (none of this bargain basement stuff), slathered with REAL butter (and much too much of it) after a proper toasting.

What about you? What would be your favorite tea snack?


12 comments:

my cup of tea said...

Mine would be a well made scone with homemade blackberry preserves. Yum! I really want one now.
~Donna~

Melissa Stoey said...

Always, always, always Tunnock's Teacakes, hands down.

Melissa Stoey said...

Figures, I go for the junk food!

Bernideen said...

i think - perhaps a scone would be the one for me- loaded for bear with clotted cream and just warm from the oven!

La Tea Dah said...

Right now --- my favorite tea time snack is one chai shortbread cookie --- exactly 100 calories --- that is charmingly delightful and fits into my Jenny Craig plan. :D

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Toasted Teacakes, Scones, Tunnock's Teacakes, Shortbread .... you all are making me so hungry! One of each, please!

Christy Kay said...

OK now, don't gang up on me .... but my favorite tea time snack is Keebler Vienna Fingers. Yes, it's store bought cookies. I'm sorry. *hangs head* I think they are so d*** good!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Hey, I know the cookies you are talking about and they are delicious! Keebler products are excellent. My toasted tea cakes are store bought. :-)

Marilyn said...

That is a difficult question, probably a scone lathered with cream and a delicious jam.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Marilyn, the way your response was worded has me curious as to how you prepare your scone. Do you put your cream on first and then jam, as in the Devon style? I am a Cornish style scone eater: jam first, then cream. :-)

anodyne said...

Always and forever, toast with honey for my favorite tea snack.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Lovely to see you here, Holly, and thank you for sharing. Do you pair certain honey's with certain types of toast?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...