VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, July 23, 2012

Chamomile Lavender Mint Iced Tea Recipe


I'm hoping to visit a local lavender farm at the end of the month, so have been doing some reading about lavender, and looking at recipes. This one caught my eye as it sounds so 'clean' and refreshing.

Ingredients:
1 loosely packed cup fresh mint leaves 
2 tablespoons dried culinary lavender 
1 1/2 tablespoons dried chamomile (or 4 chamomile tea bags) 

Preparation:
1. Crush mint leaves and put in a 1-gal. lidded jar. Add lavender and chamomile.
2. Fill jar with water to within 2 in. of rim. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours. 
3. Pour through a cheesecloth-lined colander into pitcher for serving.




8 comments:

Steph said...

Beautiful presentation! And why not go for the fresh lavender in the tea, while you've got it? I will give this a try!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

I'll do that, Steph, if I make it to the farm this week-end! Thanks for stopping by. :-)

Marilyn said...

The combination sounds definitely delightful and delicious!

Kitty@Tea at Three said...

The summer seems to have (finally) arrived in London town. This is just what we need to cool down from Olympic fever:-) Thanks!!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Lovely to meet you Kitty and thank you for your comment. Isn't it lovely to see the sun again! I've just visited your *lovely* blog and left a comment for you. I really, really like the focus of your site. Am going to share with those I know!

Micupoftea~ said...

Sounds quite refreshing, Denise! My daughter enjoys iced chamomile daily, so I will share your recipe with her. We are now entering the summer heat here in So Ca. and iced tea is a staple in our household. Although, I must admit I drink hot tea no matter what the thermometer reads! lol
Enjoy the week ahead~
Shawn
poetryinapotoftea.blogspot.com

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Hi Shawn, and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Believe it or not, it's *very* hot today in London - but I'm right with ya' as far as drinking hot tea. :-) By the way, I *love* the 'Friday's Child' mug on your post from yesterday!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

P.S. I also love that image on your blog that says, 'Behind every great blog is an unfed husband' ha ha

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...