VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Thursday, June 21, 2012

Top 10 Tea Companies

In 2008, when I lived back in the States,  these were the Top 10 tea companies that appeared when I Googled the word "tea".
1.   Adagio Tea
2.   Stash Tea
3.   Upton Tea
4.   Republic of Tea
5.   Golden Moon Tea
6.   Revolution Tea
7.   Harney & Sons
8.   SpecialTeas
9.   Mighty Leaf
10. Yogi Tea

Four years on, I thought I'd try it again. Here are the results:
1.  Adagio Tea
2.  Stash Tea
3.  Twinings
4.  Republic of Tea
5.  PG Tips
6.  Harney & Sons
7.  Upton Tea
8.  Whittard
9.   Revolution Tea
10. David's Tea

Although I used Google.com for this experiment, I have a feeling that because I live in the UK, my search results were based upon my browsing history, etc. 

For my U.S. readers who have a few minutes, what are your [Top 10 tea companies] results when you Google the word 'tea' ??

4 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Here's what my Google search for "tea" resulted in: Republic of Tea, Upton, Bigelow; Mighty Leaf; Celestial Seasonings; Adagio; Rishi; Revolution Tea; Tao of Tea; and Honest Tea

It sure varies from yours. Number eleven would be Yogi.

LaTeaDah

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thanks for doing that, LaDonna. Interesting that Harney is not even in the top 10. I think their tea is quality.

Alex Zorach said...

An unpersonalized google search (clean browser) in the Philadelphia area turns up, in order:

1. Stash
2. Republic
3. Upton
4. Teavana
5. Adagio
6. Bigelow
7. Harney
8. Mighty Leaf
9. Celestial Seasonings
10. Tea Forte

Harney definitely made my list...interesting how much these are varying regionally.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Hi Alex,

Thanks for stopping by and participating in my little assignment. :-)

It *is* interesting to note the differences. I wonder why that is?

Maybe I'll send Google an email, hope it actually makes it through to a live person, and ask them.

Stay tuned, and thanks again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...