VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Thursday, June 14, 2012

TANKA TEA POETRY

smoky tea

Japanese Tanka is a form of Haiku poetry with a subject matter of either seasons; nature; love; sadness and/or other strong emotions. Tanka has 31 syllables in 5 lines, no title, and the reader completes the verse in their imagination.


Tinkling Tea Cups Sound

Tinkling tea cups sound
Aromas drift in the air
Children's voices play
Gentle breeze stirs memories
Of family times long since passed


6 comments:

Christy Kay said...

I can imagine the whole scene in my mind from your poem. Nice.

relevanttealeaf said...

Lovely, Denise! I blogged about your blog on my blog today. So happy you're back!

Tea Lover Denise said...

Thanks, Christy. I thought it was nice, too.

Tea Lover Denise said...

Cheers for that, Phyllis. I have left a note on your blog. :-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Phyllis,
I just found your blog and I'm happy to 'meet' you. Being a tea lover myself, I'm always looking for new blogs to visit who appreciate tea time. Hope you are having a delightful day and please stop by and say Hello when you can. Would love to have you.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tea Lover Denise said...

Hi Sandi,

Thank you so much for stopping by! I've just posted a note on your lovely blog, and became a 'Follower'. :-)

I look forward to getting to know you.

Cheers,

Denise

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...