VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Friday, June 29, 2012

Starbucks Tea Store, Seattle


In October 2012, Starbucks is set to open their first tea-only store in Seattle. The shop, to be named Tazo (Starbucks owns Tazo Tea), will carry over 80 types of loose-leaf tea and contain a "blending station" where customers will be able to create their own personalised tea. According to reports, Starbucks is expanding "beyond coffee" to win new customers and increase sales.

Someone in Finance must have stumbled across that well-known tea quotation: "Where there is tea, there is hope".

Photo used under Creative Commons from Jag

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

I heard about this recently on the news! Fantastic!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

I don't believe I've ever tried Tazo tea.

Marilyn said...

I have that quote on my refrigerator. I hope they open the shop at the beginning of October, so when I attend the NW Tea Festival I can stop by and check it out.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Would love to hear a review of it if you get to visit.

Alex Zorach said...

I've tried quite a few of Tazo's teas, and I'm generally impressed, although I like some than others and there are some I am not a fan of.

Tazo also recently expanded into offering more intact, whole-leaf tea in sachets with more room for the leaf to expand. They are more expensive, but they do taste noticeably better! Starbucks is now serving these sachets, rather than the simple flat tea bags, in their stores, although I think the tea bags are also still available.

If you want to read my specific reviews of Tazo's teas, you can find a list of them on RateTea. My favorites are the pure teas, like China Green Tips and Awake.

I'm curious to see what they're going to come up with in this new tea-oriented store.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

I will definitely have a read of your Tazo reviews, Alex. Thanks for sharing the link.

When you use the word 'sachet' are you talking about a pyramid-shaped bag? That is what I think of when I see/hear the term 'sachet' used in relation to tea.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...