VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tea & Poetry


I'D LIKE TO BE A TEABAG


I'd like to be a teabag,
And stay at home all day -
And talk to other teabags
In a teabag sort of way . . .

I'd love to be a teabag;
And lie in a little box -
And never have to wash my face
Or change my dirty socks . . .


I'd like to be a teabag,
An Earl Grey one perhaps,
And doze all day and lie around
With Earl Grey kind of chaps.


I wouldn't have to do a thing,
No homework, jobs or chores -
Comfy in my caddy
Of teabags and their snores.


I wouldn't have to do exams
I needn't tidy rooms,
Or sweep the floor or feed the cat
Or wash up all the spoons.


I wouldn't have to do a thing,
A life of bliss - you see . . .
Except that once in all my life
I'd make a cup of tea!
- By Peter Dixon


From I'd Like to be a Teabag (anthology), BBC Books


7 comments:

Hannah said...

I love tea poems! I wrote my own on my blog! Love the thought of teabags snoring away in the box!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Good morning Hannah and cheers for stopping by! I will visit your blog and look for your tea poetry!

Hannah said...

Look for poetry in the tag cloud on the side of the page when you are on the blog and you should be able to find it :)

Marilyn said...

Too cute! What fun words.

Anonymous said...

This is great! We have shared on our Facebook Fan page www.facebook.com/GreatBritishTeaParty Do pop over for tea and feel free to borrow some of our post ideas.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Welcome to Uniquely Tea and thank you.

I have just been to your Facebook page. Basic blog etiquette would suggest that you at least acknowledge where you came across this content. I will expect a link to my blog to appear on your posts soon.

Thank you.

Christy Kay said...

This is just the cutest poem. It made me smile.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...