VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, November 30, 2009

What are you reading?




Bit of an off-topic post today...

I recently started reading A Necessary Luxury - Tea in Victorian England by Julie Fromer. Not a particularly light or easy read, but quite interesting so far.

Am also thumbing through And Then It Was Teatime [compiled] by Laurie Nienhaus. This is a nice collection of over 150 excerpts from literature (both vintage and modern) that involve tea. Neat concept for a tea book.

How about you? What are you reading?

5 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Hi Denise!

Would love to hear more about A Necessary Luxury. How about a book review.
I am currently reading Tea and Crumpets - Recipes and Ritual from European Tearooms and Cafes by Margaret M. Johnson. It features several of the tea venues we experienced on our Tea In London Tour and has recipes such as the Cucumber Sandwich from the Ritz Hotel.

During the Holidays I usually reread my old December issues of Victoria Magazine and their Charms of Tea and Christmas with Victoria.

Happy reading!

Mary Jane

Jason Witt said...

Thanks for the tip about the book full of excerpts. I'm going to buy that one. I also collect tea music of all genres. It's similar to see how tea is represented in literature.

Marilyn Miller said...

I am not reading tea books right now, but reading Eat, Pray, Love. Old Victoria Magazines would be a fun read, as Mary Jane has mentioned.

Marlena said...

I am rereading some old mysteries, Nagaio Marsh, Margery Allingham, Agatha Christie. Of course, they always stop for TEA!

Angela McRae said...

I am re-reading Jan Karon's Mitford books and will finish them before I attack the huge new "official biography" of The Queen Mother. It looks to be delicious!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...