VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, November 2, 2009

New Tea Book: Travels in a Teacup



I found out about this new book on the Twinings website.

Paul Gunton spent decades working as a taster in the tea industry. He has travelled and worked in more countries than you can imagine, and has now put his memories, adventures, and stories into Travels in a Teacup, his latest book.

Paul Gunton was born in 1938 in Bromsgrove, England, setting off on his adventures at age 20. Married with two sons and two grandchildren, he now lives in the west of Ireland with his wife, continues to shave every morning with the Eclipse razor his father gave to him when he was fifteen years old and is quite content without the use of a watch, mobile telephone, computer and all associated equipment.

This book sounds like a great read and it now resides on my Amazon.com Wish List!

6 comments:

...mmm... said...

Yes indeed, this book sounds great! thanks for the write up on it.

BTW, perhaps you of all people, might enjoy signing up for my Christmas Tea coming up in blog land. it would be fun to have your input.

Steph said...

There are so many good books out on tea right now, I can hardly keep up! :-)

The souffle dish I used was 2.5 liter - and the recipe had 4 egg yolks and 5 egg whites. Hope that gives you some context. Cheers!

Angela McRae said...

Another book goes on my never-ending wish list!

Marilyn Miller said...

It does sound like one I would put on my wish list too.

Puerh Guy said...

Ah, the romance of the life of a tea taster. The reality is a bit more gritty since too much of a good thing can be quite painful. But it's fun to dream about devotion to tea like that. --Spirituality of Tea

heavy tweed jacket said...

You have a wonderful blog! I found it quite by accident. Our family really enjoys Charleston anytime we have the chance to go. This sounds like a wonderful book. I need to track it down.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...