VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nature's Royal Tea Party book


I am reprising the below post because I know that many of you have already started your Christmas shopping and this book is perfect for young and old tea lovers alike!

~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Longtime teafriend Cheryl Kling has just published her first book, and I was fortunate enough to have received a review copy this week.

Cheryl is a lovely young woman and a very talented author/artist/educator from Branford, Connecticut. The book, written and illustrated by her, is called Nature's Royal Tea Party. Cheryl says the inspiration for the story came from her mother, who read Mother Goose to her as a child, and from her grandmother who introduced her "to a good cup of tea."

The story. Characters from Nature's Royalty are invited to the May Queen's tea party. The little Firefly is the messenger who delivers invitations to Queen Mum, Ladybug, Queen Bee, the Frog Prince, the Monarch Butterfly and other royal characters who prepare to celebrate with a secret guest of honor. My favorite character is Queen Anne - who not only wears but also supplies the teacups!

Cheryl's book is both charming and intelligent, and adults will enjoy it just as much as children.

Kudos to you Cheryl for such a magical book!

For more information, visit http://cherylkling.com or email Cheryl at cherylkling@gmail.com

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I know what St. Nick will bringing my Katherine! This looks so enchanting. We will no doubt be reading this together over a hot cuppa...:-)

Denise ~ Charleston, South Carolina. said...

It's such a charming book, Rebecca. I read and reread my copy, then passed it on to my 8-year old grandson who read it and then asked if he could give it to his teacher for their class library. So the tea party continues!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...