VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Teapot Petrol Station, Washington State


This little gas station was built in 1922 by Jack Ainsworth as a commentary on the Teapot Dome scandal involving President Harding and a federal petroleum reserve in Wyoming. It is said to be the oldest gas station in use in the country. Read its unique history here.

It is no longer in use but some City of Zillah staff have formed a group called "Friends of the Teapot Association" and they are raising funds to relocate the structure closer to downtown and possibly convert it into a tourism information center. There, they say, "the Teapot could be watched and cared for in a way that respects the history and artistry for which it represents".

5 comments:

Karen June Miller said...

I have seen this little Teapot Petrol Station photo and I love it! It makes me want to sing the Teapot song.

Charleston HAS to be an idyllic location for tea-full meanderings. What a perfect spot for you!

I am enjoying getting to know you! I have done many pieces on my blog about Tea. I will probably do one a little later today since I love my "Tea for Tuesday" pieces.

Have a super day! And, thanks for praying for Gayla!

Hugs, KJ

Karen June Miller said...

Hi Denise! I just blogged about YOU! Also, thanks for the tea music links! I now have all three of those songs in my collection. Love tea songs!!!

Hugs, KJ

Jason Witt said...

It gives me a warm feeling to know this teapot has friends working to preserve it. It's such a fairy-tale little house, much cozier than living in a shoe. --Teaternity

Smitten by Britain said...

Oh gosh, that looks like the one in WV. Great find as always Denise.

TeaCast.net said...

Very cool! I wish more people were as clever as the builder of this was! Love the posts by the way, keep up the good work :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...