VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tea Infusers for Cocktails


My friend Mary spotted this and sent it to me. Thanks, M! I had not seen these!

I rarely drink alcohol, but think this is a great idea for any type of drink for special occasions, the holidays, etc. Would be fun to experiment with.

I've always liked the look of TeaForte, and in a drinks glass, these are very attractive!

From TeaForte:

Enliven your Mojito, Margarita or any mixed drink including mocktails with an infusion of unique flavor from the tea experts at Tea Forte. Place an all-natural infuser in a glass, pour alcohol over the infuser, swirl and let steep for three minutes. Then enjoy the unique flavor of an exciting and refreshing new cocktail!

Lavender Citrus ~ enjoy natural flavors of White Tea and Lavender in your Martinis, Cosmopolitans or your own high-end cocktail.

Lemongrass Mint ~ add a dash of flavorful Lemongrass and Mint to Mojitos, Gin and Tonics or other tropical drinks.

Silkroad Chai ~ the blend of Black Tea and Chai spices pair perfectly with Rum and Tonic or White Russians.



What concoction would you create using these infusers???

5 comments:

parTea lady said...

Those are pretty looking teabags and they certainly look nice in the concoctions shown.

Marilyn Miller said...

I'm not good at the concoctions, but at the tea expo the past few years they have had a competition for mixed drinks with tea. There is a tea room in Portland that actually has a lounge where they serve mixed drinks with tea -Tea Zone.

Beefeater24 said...

Hi there...I thought i'd come in and share this excellent cocktail I had that had Tea in it! (most of us in the UK are tea lovers so I reckon you're all
going to love this one)

35ml Beefeater24
35l Dubbonet
5ml Maraschino Liqueur Dash Angostura Bitters
Dash Peychaud Bitters
1 EARL GREY TEA BAG/ or anyone of the tea's youve talked about could be used :)

Hope you enjoy it! I wanted to make something different for the bbq we had at the weekend and I found that concoction on the Beefeater24 website. Also something that was off interest was an exhibition that they are part-hosting at the London design museum, where there also happens to be a giveaway www.supercontemporary.co.uk/?s=ticket-giveaway - hope i get it so i attain free entry.

Kit said...

I've tried several of these. I loved the white russian using the Bombay Chai infuser and the gin and tonics using the Lemongrass Green infusers.

Chris Cason over at Tavalon is also working on a book on tea cocktails that I think is supposed to be out next year. He did a presentation at NY Coffee & Tea Fest this year.

Jason Witt said...

I'm afraid I can't drink alcohol at all because I once had a habit that got out of control. But when tea is involved it's still of interest to me. This is because tea has replaced the alcohol as my favorite drink. Just as it has for so many people throughout history, like most in England a few hundred years ago. --Spirituality of Tea

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...