VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Friday, September 4, 2009

Red Rose Tea and Norman Rockwell


Okay, collectors, here ya' go!

Did you know that Norman Rockwell painted a series of 5 advertisements for Red Rose tea back in 1958? In the 1980s, postcards of these prints were included in boxes of Red Rose in Canada.

P.S. You can find these postcards very reasonably priced at - where else? - eBay!










7 comments:

Teashop Girl said...

I've never seen these before...neat! Thanks for sharing.

Denise ~ Charleston, South Carolina. said...

You are welcome - and nice to see you here, Teashop Girl!

Marilyn Miller said...

I have never seen these either. My what we learn here at Uniquely Tea.

parTea lady said...

Well, I really missed the boat on that one. I drank a lot of tea in Canada in the 1980's, but I guess it was my Tetley period - I don't remember the postcards.

Angela McRae said...

I've seen one or two of these designs but did not realize they were a set. Wouldn't they be pretty framed and hanging together? Hmmm ...

Jason Witt said...

He was the master. These could be photographs but they have more life in them. --Spirituality of Tea

Anonymous said...

I have a set of the 5 8 x 12 prints and the 3 post cards. Still in original mailing envelope from a Red Rose Tea promotion. I went on eBay to check prices because I want to sell mine but I didn't see any of these prints. Could I be looking in the wrong place? If you know where they are posted, please respond. Thank you. Estelle - Lakewood, NJ

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...