VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pictorial Tea Tour ...................... WINSTON CHURCHILL (c.1942)



Winston Churchill
National Portrait Gallery, London

Winston Churchill declared, in 1942, that “Tea is more important than ammunition”, and – during the war years of tea rationing - directed that servicemen always had as many cups as they wanted and that it would be issued without restriction.

(Purchase the Winston Churchill print here)


4 comments:

Sonalida said...

Hello, this is my first visit to your blog which I find it very informative. I enjoyed reading your posts, and appreciate the fact that you encourage the ladies to have their mammograms, that is great. I must say I do agree with Churchill. Please to join me for a cup of virtual tea at your convenience.

Denise ~ Charleston, South Carolina. said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the invitation!

Angela McRae said...

Certainly a man who had his priorities in the right order!

Steph said...

I didn't know of that quote, but it is a great one!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...