VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Friday, August 14, 2009

A Documentary Celebrating the English Tradition of Afternoon Tea and Cake



This short film by Exeter-based film-makers Andy Oxley and David Williams, called Making the Difference, was made in Devon and celebrates the English tradition of Afternoon Tea. It's a light-hearted documentary wherein a group of contributors - in settings including a village cricket match and a golf course - are asked which cake best complements a cup of tea.

Says Andy, "Afternoon tea is such a staple thing in this country and I don't think people realise what a role it plays in our day until they stop and think about it.

"I think back to my upbringing and my granny putting on Afternoon Tea with doilies and all the trimmings."

"We've started work on our next film which has a working title of What Do You Do on a Sunday. We are going to sum up a stereotypical, eccentric and nostalgic Sunday in England."



Click here for the full story.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really liked this video! It seemed like the man at the cricket match couldn't make up his mind which cake he likes best with tea! I always need a cup of tea first thing in the morning....some people need coffee...I need tea! I also keep a stash of it in my classroom for those days that seem to drag on.

Bernideen said...

Denise: As they talked about their favorite cake they mentioned saffron - I just bought some of the spice which comes from the crocus. I plan to make a saffron orange pound cake.

Bingo said...

Hello, my name is David Williams, I'm one of the co-directors of this film. Firstly can I just say thankyou so much for noticing watch enjoying and saying such nice things about the film. Now I'm going to make a shameless plug, the film is up for a big national film award, and it needs the public vote. So I'd be so greatful if all you fellow tea lovers would follow this link and give our little film your vote.
http://www.virginmediashorts.co.uk/films/film/making-the-difference/
many thanks. David

Denise ~ Charleston, South Carolina. said...

Welcome David, and thank you for reminding us about the vote. I have just cast mine, and have also Twittered the link asking people to View & Vote. Best of luck!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...