VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Take some more tea", the March Hare said...



The hubster and I are big fans of Johnny Depp. His latest film, Public Enemies, opened yesterday and I'm sure we'll be seeing it at some point over this long holiday week-end.

But have your heard about Johnny's next film, Alice in Wonderland?

Johnny plays The Mad Hatter in this Tim Burton/Disney project. The story is actually a sequel to the first two "Alice" books by Lewis Carroll. It will incorporate many characters and narrative elements from the books but is basically a new story, i.e., Alice's return to Wonderland. She is now 17 years old and someone "who doesn't quite fit into Victorian society and structure." This journey "becomes a rite of passage as she discovers her voice and herself."

There are loads of my other favorite actors in this film: Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, Christopher Lee, Stephen Fry, Timothy Spall .....

Now that's worth putting on the kettle for!


Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter


Little Britain's Matt Lucas as Tweedledee and Tweedledum

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the scoop Denise! This looks like fun! Love Johnny Depp ~ he does such interesting characters!
Nancy

Marilyn Miller said...

I love Johnny Depp also. Now I will anticipate this movie. It will also help with my plans for a Madhatter Tea Party I have planned for December.

Angela McRae said...

I want some of that background fabric behind Tweedles Dee and Dum!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...