VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, June 1, 2009

It's National Iced Tea Month




June is National Iced Tea Month! If you have a favorite iced tea, please leave a post and let us know what it is.


Here are a few iced tea facts:

Iced tea's popularity led to the introduction of the iced tea spoon. Its long handle allowed sugar to be added to a fashionably tall glass filled with iced tea.

About 80 percent of the tea served in the US today is iced tea.

Early on, American housewives brewed and mixed tea with various fruits, juices and syrups for a Tea Punch.

To celebrate National Iced Tea Month, freeze little slices of lemon in ice cubes or make limeade ice cubes for a refreshing touch in iced tea. Also, seltzer water added to iced tea creates a refreshing, flavored spritzer, or if you are ready to "kick it up a notch", add a splash of citrus vodka to iced tea.

10 comments:

Linda said...

I started drinking hot Ahmad Strawberry Tea, but decided to try it iced. I love it! I don't care much for sugar in my tea, iced or hot.

CorvaCXVI said...

I normally drink black tea when I make iced tea as I have never been one to enjoy fruity or flowery flavors in my tea. However, I recently had a Peach and Ginger flavored tea in a restaurant that I liked well enough to order some from Harney & Sons. I tried it hot and it was nice enough, but I really prefer my plain, black tea. So this past weekend I tried making some as iced tea and it's a very refreshing iced tea. I added just a bit of sugar to bring out the flavors. I think I'll use the rest of this as iced tea.

Denise, I love the idea of making limeade ice cubes for use in iced tea. It would be a nice change from the usual slice of lemon.

Marilyn Miller said...

I actually prefer regular loose teas (unflavored) for hot tea, but like blends for ice tea. Monk's blend is one of my favorites.

Denise ~ Charleston, South Carolina said...

Like you all, I tend to like fruity, flavored blends more as an iced tea than a hot tea. My personal favorite is (nodding to CorvaCXVI) Harney's Peach Ginger...and I sweeten my iced (and hot) tea just a tad.

Those cute little paper drinks umbrellas used on our iced tea glasses this month would be a fun way to celebrate National Iced Tea Month!

Melissa said...

Luzianne straight up please!

smitten by britain said...

Oh, second choice is Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach. Mmmmm.

Dracenea said...

You had me at "citrus vodka in iced tea". :)

Anonymous said...

Nice drinking ice tea is good for health and refreshes our mind. I just found one more interesting refreshing ice tea....
Refreshing Ice Tea

Tony said...

I love iced Green Tea and find that Uncle Lees Organic Green Tea is my favorite. You can get it at Walmart or online, and it has a great taste compared to Liptons, but everyone to their own taste of course.

I drink mine with a whole lime squeezed into a 16oz glass, and it's really refreshing.

trupthi said...

Iced tea is also a popular packaged drink. It can be mixed with flavored syrup,with common flavors including lemon, peach, raspberry, cherry. the most common among the these are lime and peach. Apart from this herbs are also sometimes served cold and referred to as herbal iced tea. It is also quick and easy. A cup of tea actually contains more of these compounds, called antioxidants, than a serving of any fruit or vegetable! And do watch the calories if you drink tea with added sugar.

Ice Tea

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...