VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March: Women's History Month

When women congregate over tea, they often make history. In 1848 Elizabeth Cady Stanton and four friends met for tea in Seneca Falls, New York. By the time the teapot was empty, they had planned the first woman's rights convention.

Across the pond, women's history was being made over tea as well.


Suffragist Tea Room, Westminster, London, England

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hey! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog -- AND for this post! I love it! I am preparing a talk about women, tea, and women's organizing. I'd noted these two elements in my notes, but I hadn't found the second link (across the pond) yet. Thank you!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

My pleasure, Steph. Wish I could be there for your talk!

South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild said...

I did a Women's Suffrage Tea last year in May, and it was really fun to research all those amazing women. PBS did a documentary a while ago about Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, that my mom got me for Christmas one year, and the ladies and I watched part of it at tea. I'm going to have to get it out and watch it again this month.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Hello ... Elizabeth U. is that you? It's TeaLoverDenise here from ATAA. Thank you for visiting my blog! I know the documentary to which you refer. I have it on DVD. It's excellent. Always timely to remind us of the struggle for women's rights.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...