VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Saturday, March 14, 2009

Inside my china cabinet


peek-a-boo!

I collect teacups and for those of you who like to sneak peeks into my china cabinets (you know who are you are) (Angela) (Bernideen) ~ ha ha ~ I thought I would share pictures of one particular teacup collection of mine. There are six cups and saucers in this set, and it is called the Traditional British Songs Series by Royal Albert. These songs represent England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.


British Traditional Songs Series:

Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond
John Peel
Land of Hope and Glory
Londonderry Air
Men of Harlech
Road To The Isles

I first became aware of this series whilst browsing through teacups on eBay. (A Tea Lover can get into a lot of trouble doing that, you know!) I thought they were something a bit "different" so, over a period of time, I accumulated the set.

Obviously, these are no longer made and are highly collectible. Royal Albert created loads of "series" collections. I have not taken the time to research what year(s) these were produced, etc. Maybe one of these days I will.

Beginning tomorrow, I will show you one of these teacups every day. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. The china cabinet belonged to my mother. It's not an antique. It was one of those unfinished furnture pieces that you had to paint or stain yourself. Mom was a piano teacher and had hundreds of miniature pianos of every shape and size that her students had given her over the years. She kept her piano collection in this cabinet.

12 comments:

Southern Touch Catering said...

I could just crawl right into that cabinet!!! That's a really special collection & I can't wait to see them all one by one.
I am especially fond of the cup with the hunt scene on it. It is by far my favorite. But then they are all so pretty!

Steph said...

It's beautiful! I was unaware of this song pattern, and I really love it!

Janeen said...

Looking forward to the tea cup show! I've never seen anything theme like that before. What a lovely collection you have going there.

Today, I'm going to try to learn how to get my hair up in a french twist, like Audrey Hepburn did in preparation for my sisters Breakfast at Tiffany's tea party tomorrow. I'll need about a 100 hairpins. ha ha

Have a great day!

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH! I was just as the antique shop last week and saw one of these teacups. It caught my eye instantly, I thought it was so pretty. Can't wait to see the closeups!

Bernideen's Tea Time blog said...

DID I UNDERTAND CORRECTLY THAT THIS IS AGIVE AWAY? Oops...Bad joke!

They are lovely!

Sharon said...

What a fabulous feast for the eyes of this fellow teacup collector!!! Thank you too, for introducing the Seven Songs series - my mother-in-law is from Glasgow and I've collected several Scotland-themed cups/saucers in her honor but hadn't heard of this series. Love, love, love your china cabinet - thanks so much for sharing it!! Hugs, Sharon

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Well WOW everyone! Thank you for such excitement! I can't wait for you to see the series ....

Angela McRae said...

PROMISE me that if you ever have a garage sale, I get invited to the preview party, OK? And seriously, thanks for sharing your "stuff" with us! I love knowing about this Song Series of teacups. And guess what? You inspired me to begin looking for bone china Christmas cups and saucers, and I found my first one at an antique mall in Rome (Georgia, not Italy) today!

Angela McRae said...

P.S. I just read the other comments and I especially love Bernideen's! Funny!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a lovely collection of teacups. I thoroughly loved peaking in your china cupboard. My cupboard would not be so organized. I try, but it just gets messy.

Joan said...

You have quite a collection!

I have a friend in Summerville who had the Guinness Book of Records record for her mug collection. She has hundreds of them.

Linda J. said...

I just love looking at pretty teacups even if they are not mine! *LOL*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...