VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Thursday, March 19, 2009

Inside my china cabinet - Teacup 5 of 6

Today's teacup is Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomon'

You'll find the story behind the song on the video below.

Notice the national flower of Scotland, the thistle, and a lovely view of the Bonnie ("Beautiful") Banks of Loch ("Lake") Lomond.


I think you'll recognize the tune:



There are six cups and saucers in this set, and it is called the Traditional British Songs Series by Royal Albert. These songs represent England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.


British Traditional Songs Series:

Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond
John Peel
Land of Hope and Glory
Londonderry Air
Men of Harlech
Road To The Isles


I first became aware of this series whilst browsing through teacups on eBay. (A Tea Lover can get into a lot of trouble doing that, you know!) I thought they were something a bit "different" so, over a period of time, I accumulated the set.


Obviously, these are no longer made and are highly collectible. Royal Albert created loads of "series" collections. I have not taken the time to research what year(s) these were produced, etc. Maybe one of these days I will.


Over the next few days, I will show you one teacup from the collection every day. Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

Bernideen said...

These are all so wonderful!

parTea lady said...

Another lovely cup and saucer. I enjoyed the video - Loch Lomon is beautiful. I visited Scotland once, many years ago.

Olivia said...

Interesting and lovely. I think I might have a set somewhere. You're right. A tea lover can go crazy browsing and collecting. Thanks for the info.

Sharon said...

Yep, this is the one I need to find to add to my "teacups of Scotland" collection (the one in honor of my Scottish mother-in-law)! Thanks again for introducing me to this great teacup series. Hugs one crazy E-bayer to another - LOL , Sharon

caitlin said...

Listening to Loch Lomond gave me (good) chills.
I never knew it was such a big lake!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...