VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Inside my china cabinet - Teacup 4 of 6

Today's teacup is John Peele.

John Peel (1776-1854) was a British huntsman and the subject of a song written by his friend.


John Peel is a lively hunting song!


There are six cups and saucers in this set, and it is called the Traditional British Songs Series by Royal Albert. These songs represent England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.


British Traditional Songs Series:

Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond
John Peel
Land of Hope and Glory
Londonderry Air
Men of Harlech
Road To The Isles

I first became aware of this series whilst browsing through teacups on eBay. (A Tea Lover can get into a lot of trouble doing that, you know!) I thought they were something a bit "different" so, over a period of time, I accumulated the set.

Obviously, these are no longer made and are highly collectible. Royal Albert created loads of "series" collections. I have not taken the time to research what year(s) these were produced, etc. Maybe one of these days I will.

Over the next few days, I will show you one teacup from the collection every day. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Southern Touch Catering said...

Oh Heart Be Still!! I LOVE this one. I am just partial to the hunt scenes and this is a beauty! If you ever want to sell it let me know (ha, ha)

Steph said...

I have always wanted a fox hunting set. I grew up on a horse farm and used to show "hunt seat" - tho I've never been on a fox hunt. :-)

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Sorry I didn't put any info about this one - we've been in Florida on vacation. Just returned home tonight. I might go back and edit tomorrow. Glad you liked this one. It's one of my favorites, too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...