VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tea Room for Sale


This is a gold - yep, as in real gold - tea ceremony room and a gold tea set on display at a gold exhibition in Tokyo. The room is a replica of a golden tea ceremony room built by Hideyoshi Toyotomi in 1587. This golden room and golden tea set are to be sold at a price of around $3.9 million.


6 comments:

MikeH said...

Talk them down to 3.2 million and it's a deal.

Steph said...

Wanna go in as partners?

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

ha ha An investment like this would be worth its weight in, uh, er .... gold!

Marilyn Miller said...

It is blindingly gold and doesn't feel particularly peaceful. I think I will pass.

Teresa @ Southern Touch Catering said...

Sign me up. It doesn't look like my ideal tearoom, but hey, pure gold- I'm in!!!!

Angela McRae said...

Well! I guess *somebody* is just trying to make the rest of us look bad with our dowdy little rooms where we serve tea!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...