VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, February 9, 2009

Tea Room Depression Glass

The Indiana Glass Company began in Dunkirk, Indiana, in 1907. The company produced Depression and carnival glass in the 1930's. Between 1927 and 1931, they produced a design called Tea Room. (Very Art Deco, isn't it?)

A complete tableware set was made in this pattern as well as vases and candle holders. Tea Room was produced in pink, light green, and crystal - and a few pieces of amber.

The Indiana Glass Company closed in 2002 but Fenton Glass (Williamstown, West Virginia) purchased all of the glass molds. Sadly, Fenton closed their factory in late 2007, citing financial troubles. Tea Room depression glass is very collectible. Now when you see this at the flea market, you'll know the name of the pattern.

8 comments:

Trendy Tea Timer said...

I love the cream and sugar set! How cute! My mother has a complete set of pink depression glass...but I never knew of this series.

Rosemary said...

My sister collects the green depression glass... I'm going to have to see if she has any in the Tea Room pattern! I borrow her green collection to use during December!
Nancy

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh I will keep my eye out for that. I have a collection of green depression glass, but I don't have any Tea Room pattern.

Angela McRae said...

You know, it has taken all the restraint I can muster *not* to start collecting this glassware, and there you go, reminding me it's out there, the name is perfect, it's pretty ... thanks a lot! (But seriously, it was fun to read about! Just don't let me start collecting, or it'll be my new obsession!)

Janeen said...

Ooooh that's a beauty!

Sharon said...

I have collected depression glass for years (mostly in Patrician Spoke and Sharon/Cabbage Rose patterns) and have long admired the Tea Room pattern. Thanks for the posting and the lovely pictures! Sharon

Anonymous said...

Denise,The Fenton art glass Co. was going to close in 2007 but because of an overwelming response from their collectors they were able to stay opened.You can purchase their glass on QVC among other places.Just thought you would like to know.

corbinsfree said...

I have a bunch of pink tea pieces for sale, i will send pictures upon request, you make an offer, don't low bid cause you know these won't last.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...