VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, February 16, 2009

Pairing Teas & Desserts - ANSWERS


Q. Cheesecake pairs well with what tea?
A. Ceylon served with milk.



Q. Apple Strudel pairs well with what tea?
A. First flush Darjeeling



Q. Lemon Curd Tart pairs well with what tea?
A. Ceylon



Q. Chocolate Gateaux pairs well with what tea?
A. Kenya



Tea pairings courtesy of The Lanesborough, London

5 comments:

Teresa @ Southern Touch Catering said...

Very nice information! It's surprising to me how different teas taste better OR worse depending on the food eaten with them. Same goes with wines (which I know a little more about). If you just tell someone this, they have a hard time understanding and think it's a bunch of bluff, but to experience it, you'll truly understand. Thanks for the info.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Hi Teresa, and you are so right. It *does* make a difference. I know very, very little about wine and wine and food pairings, but I'll never forget my girlfriend pairing a delicious homemade chocolate mousse with a glass of Port. Oh my!! Chocolate and port! A match made in winery heaven!!

Janeen said...

This was a fun post! Good information for any tea lover! I can't seem to get away from Black tea though, I just love vanilla!

Teresa said...

I will have to try Kenya tea with chocolate. I usually opt for coffee when having anything chocolate. Everything else of course gets tea. Thanks for the tea tip.

TSS said...

I agree it's very nice information to associate/match a nice tea with a certain dessert.

Thanks for sharing...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...