VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today's Tea Tip

Never put a teapot into the dishwasher or immerse in soapy water which might leave a soapy residue affecting the taste of your tea. Pour out the tea, rinse the pot with clean water, and turn it upside-down to drain. Dry the outside only.

If the inside of your china teapot is stained, just toss a denture-cleaning tablet into it and pour in warm water to cover the stain. Let it sit for an hour or so, then rinse with cool water. Use a small nipple brush (find these in the newborn baby section) to clean out the spout.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Uh-oh, I've been an naughty girl I'm afraid. Why is the dishwasher a no-no? I'm guessing it's the high temps.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

It's the soap (or more accurately, the soap residue) that's the no-no, Melissa. Therefore, no dishwasher and no dishwater!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...