VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tea's Made!


Actually, that should be Teasmade.

I just love these little contraptions and I desperately want one. How cool would it be to have a cup of hot tea waiting for you at bedside every morning? Sadly, they are only available in the UK, and will not run on our US electrical system.

My mother-in-love in England says that they are rather noisy with a lot of spitting and sputtering, so perhaps they are not as wonderful as I imagine. But still .....

Not long ago, tea-friend, tea-expert and tea-author Eve Hill wrote an interesting article on the Teasmade, its history, etc. You can read it here.

Ever had a Teasmade? If so, what is it really like?

P.S. Teasmade is actually a brand name - there are other companies and models - both vintage and new - on the market today.

P.P.S. Avid collectors of these vintage tea makers are known as Teasmaniacs! Check them out here.

5 comments:

Janeen said...

I have seen older models of these before and wanted one too. The more vintage ones are even more eye candy! I'm such a tea lover I don't think I would mind the spitter-spatter... it's better than the noisy buzzer in the morning. ha ha

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Janeen, how true! I think I could "overcome" the spitter-spatter, too! If you ever bite the bullet and get one, do let us know how you get on with it.

Joyce said...

I would love one of those on my bedside table. Then I could have a cup of tea at the oddest times of the night when I am up late reading in bed and such.
Very cute ideal and I could take the noise as well :~)
Maybe someone can re-wire one for us Yanks.
Be blessed

Marilyn Miller said...

Denise,
As usual you find the most fun things. Now that would be nice to have the first cup of tea ready and waiting.

Angela McRae said...

I hope the first one to re-wire one of these will be kind enough to tell the rest of us how to do it!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...