VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, January 26, 2009

Jeopardy!

The category is Music and the answer is:



These London musicians called themselves "The Tea Set" before eventually changing their name and later selling over 210 million albums worldwide.

(Remember to phrase your answer in the form of a question.)

Need a little help? Here's one of their hits:





Us, and them
And after all we're only ordinary men.
Me, and you.
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died.
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.
Black and blue
And who knows which is which and who is who.
Up and down.
But in the end it's only round and round.
Haven't you heard it's a battle of words
The poster bearer cried.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

I mean, they're not gunna kill ya, so if you give 'em a quick short,
Sharp, shock, they won't do it again. dig it? I mean he get off
Lightly, cos I would've given him a thrashing - I only hit him once!
It was only a difference of opinion, but really...I mean good manners
Don't cost nothing do they, eh?

Down and out
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about.
With, without.
And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?
Out of the way, it's a busy day
I've got things on my mind.
For the want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died.


Time's up! The correct answer is:

Who is Pink Floyd!

7 comments:

Janeen said...

Well fancy that! ha ha

Steph said...

Wow - I always learn something here!

Teresa @ Southern Touch Catering said...

That is too cool.

CorvaCXVI said...

Having been a Pink Floyd fan since they looked like the first picture you posted, I recognized them before I got to the song lyrics! I did not know that this was their original name, so I learned something new today too!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

CorvaCXVI, glad you stopped by! Tall & Handsome (my husband) and I are Floyd fans, too. We happened to be watching a BBC special on them last week and that's where I picked up on "The Tea Set" bit of trivia. Nice to "meet" you!

CorvaCXVI said...

Very nice to meet you, Denise! I found your blog recently after following several links on the www. I've read several entries and enjoyed what I found. You've posted about some very interesting things. Since I am fairly new to your blog, I don't know if you've ever posted about this site, but I think it's one you might be interested in since you are an Anglophile: http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Check out the various links, and especially the Biscuit of the Week link. Just below the entry you will find a list of British Biscuits and by clicking on one you can read the reviews. Anyone who appreciates the British sense of humor will enjoy this site.

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Ah yes - Nice Cup of Tea and a Sitdown - it's a great site, isn't it! Actually, I haven't visited it in awhile so thanks for the reminder. When I first moved to London to be with my husand (fiance at the time), his "goal" was for me to try every British candy bar and biscuit! ha! I think we pretty much accomplished it, as well!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...