VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cuppa tea, Captain?

In a plan to make Britain a more cheerful place, every person flying into the country could soon be offered a free cup of tea and a biscuit. The idea behind the scheme is that thoughts of delayed flights, bad weather and tight finances will be diminished by the surprise offering of a nice cup of tea.

The campaign (started by the Waitrose supermarket chain and backed by VisitBritain) reportedly could be rolled out at airports across the UK ahead of the 2012 Olympics. What a great way to say, "Welcome to Great Britain!!!" (Even though I have my doubts that it will ever materialize.)

(Commissioned, handmade tea infuser by Kevin Ard)

5 comments:

parTea lady said...

That is a grand idea, if they follow through. The handmade tea infuser is beautiful. Thanks for the link to Kevin Ard's site.

Angela McRae said...

Great, now you've got me wanting a $900 tea infuser! But since I'm fantasizing ... how about one in the shape of a full-blown rose blossom? And I also love the idea about promoting Britain with a cup of tea and a biscuit.

Steph said...

That infuser is so cute! I have a friend who is a flight attendant. She would love it. Maybe not at that price, tho. :-)

MikeH said...

Great idea; wonder if they'll really pull it off.

kimberlyshaw said...

This is the BEST tea bell!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...