VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, December 8, 2008

Tea on the High Seas

Tall and Handsome and I just returned from a week-long cruise to The Bahamas. Daily "Afternoon Snacks" (served buffet style on the upper deck) consisted of small sandwiches, cookies, fresh fruit, and scones with jam and [whipped] cream. It was really "Afternoon Tea" but I'm guessing the cruise line (Norwegian) thinks "Afternoon Snacks" sounds less pretentious.

Anyway, we did have a "proper" Afternoon Tea delivered to our state room on Friday and I took a few snaps to share with those who are curious as to just how one cruise line does Tea on the High Seas.



11 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome back! Tea and a cruise? It doesn't get much better than that!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thanks Melissa and you are right: it doesn't get much better than that ... especially when you add a tall and handsome Englishman into the mix! :-)

Linda said...

So glad you enjoyed your cruise and afternoon teas!

Southern Touch Catering said...

What a pleasant thought. Tea & Sea!

Angela McRae said...

This really does look like a nice afternoon tea! I like Teresa's name for this event: Tea & Sea! (Maybe you should plan to lead a tea cruise? Hmmm ...)

The Prodigal Tourist said...

Sounds wonderful! You've inspired me to make some scones--though my tall dark and handsome says it should be clotted cream, not whipped (not that he'd say no to whipped cream if the scones were warm)!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Angela, Don't think I haven't thought about it! There were actually lectures on the boat by professors, etc. I really enjoyed them.

Prodigal, Yes it should have been clotted cream but I'm guessing they don't want to spring for the cost so use whipped cream instead. Let us know how the scones turn out!

the voice of melody said...

Your tea looks wonderful! We usually go on Celebrity and I believe they call it Elegant Tea instead of afternoon tea. It's a wonderful occasion to relax and meet a few new tea friends. Thanks for sharing the pictures, everything looks delicious!

Hope you had a fantastic time on your cruise. :)

Steph said...

I think this would be the best part of taking a cruise!

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for sharing your tea adventure. It is fun to see how different cruise lines do tea. So glad you had the opportunity to cruise and tea.

Bernideen's TeaTime Blog said...

This looks wonderful Denise - I am so glad you got to go! I have never been on a cruise but I thin I would eat ALOT from what people have told me...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...