VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Monday, September 15, 2008

Electric Kettles

I was always a traditional tea kettle type of girl until I moved to England - where everyone (well, almost everyone) uses an electric kettle. I really became hooked on them and since returning to the states, the electric kettle is how I now boil water for tea.

I'm tired of my "old" electric kettle and ready for something different. What do you think of this Capresso? I like it a lot. $59.95 on Amazon. (You can purchase this kettle here.) Has received mixed reviews, but I'm open to giving it a try. (I use a small Bodum electric kettle at work and am very satisfied with it.)

How about you? Is your kettle on the stove (traditional) or on the countertop (electric)?

P.S. By the way, please don't use a microwave to boil your water for tea! Here's why.

9 comments:

Scarlett said...

I use a whistling tea kettle, but I would love to have an electric one. I never use my micrwave for anything other than leftovers, like Thanksgiving.....:)

Linda said...

I have a Capresso and love it! I like to watch the water come to a boil. Contrary to the old saying "a watched pot never boils" the Capresso does! I bought mine at Linens 'n Things. It was on sale and with a 20% off coupon it was even less. Love those sales and coupons!

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

Thanks for the heads-up on Linens 'n Things. We have a couple of stores near here. I'll check with them before I order from Amazon. I'm always seeing coupons for them in the Sunday papers....

Teresa of Southern Touch Catering said...

Hi Denise,
I use the traditional glass tea pot on the stove top as. But I'm growing tired of burning my hand on the handle and the lid as I have to remove it before pouring water. But I LOVE watching the bubbles boil. Let us know how you end up liking your electric one.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday mine was spectacular!!
Best wishes for a wonderful new year ahead!
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hi Denese, I've had an electric teapot for several years now and wouldn't go back to the stove top kind.It's a UtiliTea brand and has the different temps for green and black tea.I really like it and it still is working great but I would love to get a glass one like your looking at.Sandi

Marilyn Miller, the Marmalady said...

I use a kettle on the stove, but have been thinking about buying an electric pot. The Capresso looks very nice. Does it have different temperatures?

Denise at Uniquely Tea said...

It does not appear to have a temperature control. This isn't an issue with me because 99.9% of the tea I drink is black. If I fancy a green, oolong or white, I just use a water thermometer.

Steph said...

Hello, hello! I am back from vaca and have missed you! I use a stove-top kettle for home (I like its red color), but for anything of tea service, I use a great stainless steel kettle. I think glass would be lovely. If you get it, let us know how it goes!

ljrags said...

I just this evening put an electric kettle in my Amazon cart :) I'm going with the Braun AquaExpress, because of the good reviews and because I need the auto shutoff feature {blushs)

laura

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...