VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Thursday, August 28, 2008

Clarice Cliff

News from Bonhams London:

"A fabulous collection of more than one hundred teacups by the renowned designer, Clarice Cliff will be offered in a sale of Design 1860-1945 on Tuesday 23rd September 2008. The collection, estimated at £25,000, is thought to be the largest collection of Clarice Cliff teacups to have come up for sale. Each tea cup will be estimated between £100-600. The collection is the result of one owner's collecting over a period of approximately twenty years. "

"Clarice Cliff was a pioneer in her work, her fresh and innovative designs were well ahead of their time during the 1920s and 30s'. Cliff's designs have steadily increased in value since her death in 1972. These highly sought after pieces are perhaps only set to grow in value so possibly the perfect time to buy." (Listen online here to a BBC Women's Hour program about Clarice Cliff. Note: Must have RealPlayer on your computer.)

2 comments:

Marilyn Miller, the Marmalady said...

Oh I would love one of those. I hadn't heard of Clarice Cliff, but from the picture I see it would be just my style.

Angela McRae said...

LOVE Clarice Cliff! Wish my purse were deep enough to bid on these lovelies!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...