VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Radio Days

October 7, 1946 in England was the start of something big - it was the first broadcast of a radio program designed to celebrate, entertain and inform women. Woman's Hour now attracts an audience of some 2.7 million people.

When I lived in London, I tried to listen to Woman's Hour daily on BBC Radio 4 . Upon my return to the States, I was elated to discover that I could still listen - via the internet.

I invite you to visit the Woman's Hour website to search through their current (and past) programming. In the meantime, here is a lovely interview from 2006 with Jane Pettigrew on the subject of none other than ..... Afternoon Tea.

1 comment:

Angela McRae said...

What great info, Denise! And congrats on beginning your blog. I know I'll be a regular here!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...