VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Want To Work Here!!!


The Tea Building is in East London and part of a group of warehouses on the edge of the City that have been lovingly refurbished. This former Lipton Tea warehouse dates back to the nineteenth century and was purchased by a company called Derwent for £22m in 2000, then given a £6m makeover. It's now worth more than £50m.

The design strategy was to create high-style and high-quality public spaces, then do as little as necessary - allowing creative tenants to take advantage of the possibilities which the tough industrial spaces offer.

I love the big "TEA" sign atop the building!

1 comment:

Angela McRae said...

Awesome! I wonder if one could have a loft apartment there ... hmmm ...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...