VISIT MY NEW BLOG!




I invite you to visit Tea in England, my new blog from England!

Whilst you're there, please subscribe to my free updates, and 'Like' my Facebook Fan page.
Thank you!



Sunday, June 22, 2008

Book of the Week: "Tea at The Blue Lantern Inn"

This book is subtitled "A Social History of the Tea Room Craze in America" and I highly recommend it to every American who loves the tea room experience. Jan Whitaker has done an excellent job researching "the tea room craze" in 1920s America. There's a lot to be learned from this book. Did you know that the [American] "tea room" concept was actually sparked by the suffragist movement, Prohibition, and the rise of the automobile, and forever changed the way America eats out? This is a fascinating read, and especially for anyone interested in women's history. The book contains superb photographs of early tea rooms and the food they served. A must read for any tea enthusiast!

1 comment:

Frivolitea said...

This book is on my amazon wish list, so I was glad to see your positive review. Thank you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...